Software Development Engineer II
February 2012 - Present
- Microsoft Azure Notebooks (January 2015-Present)
- Developed a platform for sharing Python, R, and F# code notebooks leveraging open source technologies such as Docker and Jupyter.
- Lead rapidly released project and managed internal and external requests for the product.
- Go to Azure Notebooks
- Python Tools for Visual Studio and Node.js Tools for Visual Studio (June 2014 - Present)
- Microsoft Azure Networking (February 2013 - June 2014)
- Worked in a fast-paced, rapid-shipping organization shipping high quality components for a distributed system (Microsoft Azure).
- Developed monitoring solutions that help to more quickly observe changes in a production environment allowing for faster response and increased awareness of incidents.
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Roslyn (June 2012 - February 2013)
- Tested editor and compiler scenarios for a rewritten managed compiler.
- Worked on Perf V-Team concerned with typing responsiveness and compiler throughput.
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Code Experience Team (February 2012 - June 2012)
- Shipped a high-quality update to the Find and Replace experience in Visual Studio.
- Improved an existing process to substantially reduce turnaround time on a security sign off.
Software Development Engineer in Test - Intern
May 2011 - August 2011
May 2010 - August 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Shell and Platform (Summer 2011)
- Contributed to projects involving the Menu and Solution Management of Visual Studio.
- Increased value of an existing performance reporting system that allowed users to more quickly understand and respond to results.
- Microsoft Visual Studio: Extensibility (Summer 2010)
- Interfaced with third-party extension developers to ensure the quality of their components within the Visual Studio experience.
University of Wisconsin: Computer Aided Engineering
Microsoft Support Student Staff
May 2008 - December 2011
- Administered hundreds of Windows machines for a large user base.
- Authored a program for Microsoft Application Virtualization to provide information that allows for a better understanding of software and license utilization.
University of Wisconsin Madison Formula SAE Racing Team
Electrical Wiring Design
August 2007 - May 2009
- Designed a wiring harness to integrate data acquisition hardware in a high performance vehicle.
- Initiated sponsor relations with multiple companies to support our student organization.
Information Systems - Software Developer
May 2009 - August 2009
- Developed C# web applications using SharePoint, MVC and CSLA frameworks.
- Used the Agile style of software development to increase efficiency
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering, Computer Science, December 2011
Dorman, Scott J. (2012). Sams's Teach Yourself C# 5.0 in 24 Hours. (Technical Editor)
De Smet, Bart (2013). C# 5.0 Unleashed. (Technical Editor)